Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) benefits
Simply is a managed care plan that serves recipients of Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) in Florida. You may be eligible to enroll in our plan if you have been approved for Medicaid and live in one of our service areas. Generally, Medicaid recipients are:
- Pregnant women
- Low-income families and children
- Aged, blind or disabled individuals
What you get with Simply
There are no copays for covered services
- Primary care doctor visits
- Immunizations and wellness visits
- Specialist visits
- Behavioral health care (mental health and substance abuse services)
- Urgent and emergency care
- Lab and X-ray services
- Pregnancy services
- Family planning
- Hospital care
- Physical therapy
- Speech and hearing services
- Quit smoking services
- Home health care services
- Disease management for asthma, diabetes and more
Some services may require a referral or prior authorization before you can get them. See below for more information.
See your member handbook for a full list of benefits.Find a Doctor
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter drugs. We work with IngenioRx to provide these benefits. There are no copays when you fill your prescription at a plan pharmacy. Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to Pharmacy page
Vision services include:
- Eye exams
- Eyeglass frames and lenses, if medically necessary
- Contact lenses and related services, if medically necessary
- Eyeglass repairs and adjustments
To find an eye doctor, call eyeQuest toll free at 1-855-418-1627 (TTY 711).
You can get no-cost rides to your medical appointments. You or your provider should call to schedule your ride before your appointment.
To schedule a ride
Call LogistiCare at 1-866-372-9794 (TTY 1-866-288-3133).
We offer extra benefits to our members free of charge like:
- $25 a month per household to buy certain personal care items and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines
- An extra 200 minutes at enrollment and 100 minutes for their birthday for members enrolled in the federal SafeLink program, which provides a free smartphone with free monthly minutes and text messaging
- Vision benefits for members 21 and over:
- One eyeglass frame per year
- One eye exam per year
- One six month supply of contact lenses with prescription
- Hearing services to help diagnose or treat hearing problems
- Unlimited prenatal/perinatal visits
- Home health care visits for homebound adults
- Help finding housing and a one-time $500 benefit for housing costs
- Art, individual/family, and pet therapies for members receiving behavioral health services
- Home delivered meals after at least a three-day inpatient hospital stay
- Nutritional counseling to help with healthy eating habits
- Chiropractic care
- Occupational, physical, respiratory, and speech therapies
- Massage therapy, when medically necessary
- Influenza, pneumonia, and shingles vaccines for adults
- Up to $100 for hypoallergenic bedding for members diagnosed with asthma or severe allergies
- Carpet cleaning services for up to two rooms to reduce asthma triggers for members diagnosed with asthma or severe allergies
- Up to $200 for lessons to swim for the first 1,000 members who request the benefit each year
- And more!
Limitations and restrictions apply. Benefits may change.
You can redeem some benefits online through your secure account. View the extra benefits you’re eligible for on the Benefit Reward Hub. You can also call Member Services at 844-406-2396 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time.
For a full list of extra benefits, review the member handbook.
Log in to get started today!
Taking Care of Baby and Me® Healthy Rewards incentives for pregnant members:
- $20 for prenatal visit in the first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment
- $20 for attending at least six prenatal care visits
- $20 for attending postpartum visit 21-56 days after delivery
- $20 for baby’s checkup by two weeks of age
- $20 for attending at least six well-child checkups by 15 months of age
Visit www.simplyhealthcareplans.com/HealthyRewards or call 1-877-868-2004 (TTY 711) to enroll.
Your primary care provider (PCP) gives you routine care, like checkups and care when you’re sick. If you need tests or a specialist, your PCP will help you get this care. This is called a referral. We pay for this care. In most cases, if you see a specialist without a referral, you may have to pay for the care. If you need care from a specialist that isn’t in our plan, ask your PCP for help.
For some services, your provider will need to get approval, or an OK, from us before you get them. Your PCP will work with us to get preapproval. Care decisions are between you and your doctor, but if you decide to get services without our preapproval, you may have to pay for them.
You can get these covered services without preapproval:
- Emergency services
- Preventive care services (well visits)
- Immunizations (shots)
We put tools and technologies in your hands to make it easier to access care and services. Your Care Plan is a tool for Simply Case Management members to help you:
- Stay connected with your care coordinator
- Get your care coordinator’s phone number and email address
- Send secure messages about diagnoses, goals, medicines, services and more
- View your goals and objectives
- Check due dates and statuses of goals and objectives
We want you to understand your benefits and receive the best possible care. Here are some resources to help.
Complete benefit information can be found in your member handbook.
If you have any questions, call Member Services at 1-844-406-2396 (TTY 711). Our team is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. You can also log in to your account to send us a message at any time.
24-hour Nurse HelpLine
Whether it’s 3 a.m. or a Sunday afternoon, health issues come up. That’s why you can always call our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine and speak directly to a nurse. Call 1-844-406-2396 (TTY 711) anytime, day or night.
Not yet a member? Choose Simply.
You have a choice in your health care. Choose Simply for the health care you need plus extra benefits to help you live a healthier life.How to enroll
Broward, Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Seminole Counties.
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the Managed Care Plan. Limitations, copayments, and/or restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or co-payments/co- insurance may change.