Get the care you need, when you need it
Know where to go
When you need care right away, there are a lot of places to get help besides the emergency room (ER). An urgent care center can treat many things people often take to the ER.
In an emergency, always call 911. Otherwise call your primary care provider (PCP) or 24-hour Nurse HelpLine — they can tell you where to go for urgent, sick or routine care.
Your primary care provider (PCP)
Your PCP is the doctor that you’ll see for most of your health care needs. When you’re sick or hurt, always call your PCP first (unless it’s an emergency). Even if you call after hours, someone from the office should be on call and able to help.
Your PCP is listed on your member ID card and in your online profile. He or she will:
- Get to know you and your health history
- Work with you to find specialists, treatment plans and medicines when needed
If you haven’t seen your PCP before, call and make a new patient appointment as soon as you can.
Change your PCP anytime
24-hour Nurse HelpLine
Health issues can come up when you least expect them. Our toll-free 24-hour Nurse HelpLine lets you talk with a registered nurse whenever you have health questions or need medical advice — day or night, holidays and weekends. Our nurses can:
- Advise you on where to go when you need care
- Help you with any health questions you have
- Find a doctor after hours or on weekends
Medicaid members: 1-844-406-2396 (TTY 711)
Florida Healthy Kids members: 1-844-405-4298 (TTY 711)
Long-Term Care (LTC) members: 1-877-440-3738 (TTY 711)
Using LiveHealth Online, you can visit a doctor through live video on your computer, tablet or smartphone. It’s an easy way to get care for you or your family anytime of the day or night without leaving home.
As a Simply Healthcare Plans, Inc. member, you can use LiveHealth Online at no cost to you. Florida Healthy Kids members pay only their normal office visit copay.
Sign up for free today so you can:
- See a doctor in minutes: When you have a common health problem like a cold, the flu, fever, pink eye, sore throat, sinus infection and more! Doctors can also send prescriptions to your pharmacy if needed.* Spanish speaking doctors are available seven days a week by appointment using Cuidado Médico on LiveHealth Online.
- Talk with a therapist in four days or less: If you’re feeling anxious, stressed or having a tough time coping, you can schedule an appointment for a 45-minute counseling session.
- Visit with a psychiatrist in 14 days or less: When talk therapy alone isn’t enough, members 18 and older can schedule an appointment to get help with managing certain medicines to help manage behavioral health conditions.
It’s easy to get started!
Sign up for free at livehealthonline.com or download the app:
*Prescriptions determined to be a “controlled substance” (as defined by the Controlled Substances Act under federal law) cannot be prescribed using LiveHealth Online. Psychiatrists on LiveHealth Online will not offer counseling or talk therapy.
LiveHealth Online is the trade name of Health Management Corporation, a separate company providing telehealth services on behalf of Simply Healthcare Plans, Inc.
An urgent health condition is when care is needed for a sudden illness, injury or condition that is not an emergency but needs to be treated right away. Call your PCP if you think you need urgent care. Your PCP will tell you what to do. He or she may tell you to come into the office right away, go to an urgent care center or go to the emergency room.
You may need urgent care if you have:
- Minor burns
- A very sore throat
- An injury from a fall
- Frequent vomiting
- A cut that’s deep enough to need stitches
- A fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- Muscle sprains or strains
Emergencies are times when there could be serious danger or damage to your health if you don’t get medical care right away. If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room (ER).
Go to the ER if you:
- Have chest pains
- Have trouble breathing
- Are bleeding badly
- Are pregnant and have signs of harm to yourself or your baby like pain, bleeding, fever or vomiting
- Feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else
After an ER or urgent care visit
Call your PCP as soon as you can after you visit the ER or urgent care center. Your PCP can help with your follow-up care.
Behavioral health care
You do not need to see your PCP before getting behavioral health services. If you need help finding mental health, alcohol and drug abuse services, call toll free at 1-844-375-7215.
If you are having any of the following feelings or problems, you should contact a behavioral health specialist:
- Constantly feeling sad
- Feeling hopeless and/or helpless
- Feelings of guilt
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Poor appetite
- Weight loss
- Loss of interest
- Difficulty concentrating
- Constant pain such as headaches, stomachaches and backaches
If you think you are in danger of harming yourself or others, call 911 or go the nearest emergency room.